Friday, July 6, 2007

Painful joy...

I wrote this poem the day I was leaving for MICA, Ahmedabad for my MBA. How I wished my flight would be delayed and I could spend that one extra minute with my family...


Painful joy...

I refused to attend Pre School
I wanted to be home
With mom’s healing touch and dad’s caring soul
So I would cry all the way
And how he had dealt
A ‘please take me home daddy’
And how he would melt
I asked time to wait for me
But all in vain
Years grew old
And happiness met pain

Pain to go away…
Pain to leave behind…
Pain to quench the thirst,
That an ambition could find.
Life had been calling, I just found out
So I hit the terminal before time ran out

But as I stand alone
Waiting to end…
My heart shouts silently
Please take me home Daddy, please….

1 comment:

sonam said...

reallly beautiful :)