Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I died today...



The following poem is a dedication to one of my dearest friends, Dhimant who had written a beautiful poem on the theme “I died today”. Its my farewell gift to you Dhimant. Hope you like it.

We die many deaths in a lifetime
And are born again, to start afresh
To find the one he sent for us
Endangered in a love mesh

Leaving behind a sad yesterday
I died today.
Wishing for a better tomorrow
Where I shall open many doors
As my heart yearns to breathe
In the freshness of love
That lies inside
He has started from home
And so have I
Opening doors until we meet
Till then, my love I want to say
Just hang in there, I am on my way

Its cold outside
And I see him waiting
Can’t wait to feel the warmth,
In those hands that hold me
In those eyes that want me
In those arms around me
As I feel loved… with a hope that I don’t die tomorrow.
I died today.

2 comments:

Dhimant said...

Ab kya bolu...comments wont do justice...more than how much it is well written...it is well emotioned...i hope u understand wht i mean and as I would have mentioned earlier to you in person....No one could have written it better sweetheart, even if they ever tried !!

Anonymous said...

well to me it seems just what i'd gone thru...
really an awesum piece of work !!!