Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Mommy, Who's Santa


Christmas is a time of joy
It’s about being with family, having a good time

And thanking god for all that he has given us
Hey did I miss Santa’s gifts?

I say, being a kid is beautiful
You live with a lot of misconceptions
Like every other kid, I used to believe in santa
But as dumb as I was, i used to tell dad what I wanted for Christmas
So every time he would be my santa
And give me all that I had wished for
He tried his level best to keep Santa alive...

But irrespective of whether santa exists or not
He has sure gifted happiness to the world…
A four year old does not know who santa is
But is happy coz he got his favourite toy car...
A ten year old enjoys the pudding and the snow fight
A sixteen year old girl is happy as she gets an excuse to go and meet her boyfriend
Parents are happy coz the entire family celebrates together
Elderly see a connection to god in the candles they light
Even a child selling santa’s mask at the traffic light is happy
He doesn’t know who santa is
But the mask sure helps him earn bread for his family!

Today, in our busy lives, Christmas has become more important
As it makes us come together as FAMILY
Which we might not otherwise
How I wish I could still live in those misconceptions
And get up next morning to find a chocolate under my pillow
And with the same innocence, while eating my chocolate, ask my mother
Mommy, who’s Santa?

No comments: