Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Life Line


There is a certain line on our hand

That is an indicator of how long we live

I don’t know how far I have come

But of all I read, of all I saw

I have realized one thing

It’s not how much you live

But how you live the little you have with you

 

In my quest of living life the way it should be

I have ended up living for others… Alone

Living for myself is counted as selfish by many but few

But as they say, Life is like a book

And if you don’t explore, you only read a page

 

I have finished a page

And I like being there

Reading it again and again

With so much so far

I feel complete and empty at the same time

Full of emotions that have drained me out

Of love

Of grief

Of self belief

That now I don’t feel no pain

A part of me has left it all behind

A part of me left with it…

 

I am left in half

I need to collect myself

From places that touched me

From people who were a part

From the love I once felt

From the pain I still feel

To start afresh

On a new page

With a different colour this time

 

But again I ask myself

Am I running away… To be alone…?

Will I end up in the same way one more time?

I don’t know what the future holds for me

For all I know

It’s a new start… far far away

And this time

I will try not to look behind…

 

3 comments:

Sachin Garg said...

Nice and deep!
Mujhe poori samajh aa gayi!
Yippie!
:)

nupur said...

Yaar you are the proud author of a great novel. Tujhe samajh nahi aayega to kise samajh aayega :)

Anonymous said...

An interesting read!!
Quite n introspective one..

As for ur trying not 2 luk behind..i guess u wud certainly feel the urge to do that while tredding ahead ..n blv me lukin bak now n then has neva harmed ny1!

All the very best 4 ur new start:)

Cheers!!
Achina